Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Ode to Book Club and Good Bye Kelly

In our branch we have established a book club. We just get together once a month to discuss a book we've all read. It's a great time. We read a lot of Newberry award winners which is fun for me because there are so many I have not read. This last month was my turn to choose the book. I chose to do Number the Stars by Lois Lowry. It's a book I've never read, but have always wanted to. The book took place in Denmark during WWII. One of the little girls in the book talks about how much she wishes they could have cupcakes with pink frosting so for the treat that night I made cake with pink frosting.



(Left to right: Karen Ratta, Laura Hubbard, Me and Tiffany Witt) The cake says "We'll miss you Kelly" because our fearless Book Club leader Kelly is moving to Iowa.... or maybe it was Ohio... It's one of those Midwestern states.



Kelly and I were pregnant at the same time and had our babies a week apart. She is great friend and I already miss her very much. Before she left a bunch of us got together and had a little goodbye lunch for her.



(top left: Tiffany Witt, Kelly Tagg, Melissa Bamfo, bottom left: Jennie Mathison, Kathryn Tripp) And just for kicks, here's a picture of Tiffany with her gorgeous salad! Doesn't that just make you hungry?!?


1 comment:

Kelly Tagg said...

Hey there Melissa! I am missing you as well. My Sister just got assigned to be the book club leader in her ward. Must run in the family. Gotta go- but I would love to call your vonage line and chat sometime in a couple weeks when life slows down. I am still visiting family in Utah.
Cheers!
Kelly